
you want some of this, bitch?
I was off from work today, so i decided to have a HIGH NOON showdown. Last night I went on a tequila shopping spree. Well, actually I went to the store to buy Cabo and decided that it would be good to get something else as well. Lately, Cabo has been fucking kicking ASS in tequila wars (over Cantera Anejo and Herencia Reposado)...I mean, those weren't even close. I was looking for a worthy contender.
Tequila selection where I am is pretty limited, which blows. I am just thankful I can find Cabo at all, really. So i'm staring down the tequila shelves, and examining the available opponents, and i see a healthy section of Herradura. Now, Drunk Guy has already had a war with Herradura Reposado, and Cabo was victorious (obviously). I had a shot of Herradura Blanco the other day at Chilis, and while it was pretty good, I already knew it wouldn't be able to stand up to the test. So I decide to up the stakes. I chose Herradura Anejo:

Admittedly, in recent tequila wars, the cards have kinda been stacked against the contenders. Cabo out here goes for $45-50. The Herencia and Cantera were maybe $30-35...Plus, I wanted to pit a well known Anejo against the Cabo Reposado.
Last night I did a shot of the Herradura and I must say I was pretty impressed (I was also trashed cause I'd had 4 waboritas and many Coronas). I knew it would be up to the challenge. So today I look online for some reviews of the Herradura Anejo and come across the following. Now, this guy had just tasted like 7 tequilas before giving this review, so he must be trashed...i think it shows in his review:
"Though it was a great line up, this was the star of the show. Vanilla, barrel, mint, the balance and subtlety was superb and the finish, well, it moved me viscerally. I felt like I had just released a bird from my hands and it was flying, flying away. Come back! (Rating *****)"
Huh? When i taste a tequila I rarely feel as if I've released a bird from my hands! Keep smoking pot, dude! Anyway, I knew that the Herradura Anejo would put up a good fight.
So I stage a tequila war. Cabo Wabo Blanco vs Cabo Wabo Reposado vs Herradura Anejo. Blind taste test. Since the CaboMistress is not here, this was kind of hard to accomplish, since I had to mix the shots around without looking and walk into the room with my eyes closed bumping into things and shit, but rest assured, it was a true blind taste test.
The results were surprising and amazing.
No, non-believer, Cabo Wabo was NOT defeated...Cabo Wabo Reposado was declared champion, once again. BUT, the Herradura Anejo snuck in a surprising second place finish over the Cabo Wabo Blanco. Maybe this isn't so amazing, a quality anejo should really always be smoother than a blanco. And it always, of course, depends on the tasters preference...smoothness over agave flavor? spice over mild flavor? What's more amazing, really, is that Cabo Wabo Reposado continues to dominate. It's unbeaten streak is unmatched by any other tequila. Once again, Sammy welcomed the challenge and prevailed.
Never doubt the power of Cabo Wabo.
comment here.
No comments:
Post a Comment