
tough nuts meditates on the mountain while listening to the Red Rocker
It's been a few weeks since my last post. I've been doing a lot of thinking. Re-connecting with Sammy, and with Cabo. Let me tell you a story.
Last weekend, the CaboMistress and I were on the way home and were in the mood for chilling out and having some mexican food and margaritas. We both had the same thought: we'd try this new mexican place in the area called Johnny Cabo's. It has Cabo in the name so it must be fucking awesome, right? Well, we may never know since they were closed at 3pm on a Sunday. They were set to open at 4. no way I'm waiting....i need alcohol.
So, I decide to go to Chili's. Mexican flava, margaritas, everything will be OK. So we go in there and examine the Margarita selection (of course they don't have Cabo, but i really didn't expect them to)...I decide to try their 3Gs margarita...made with Sauza Tres Generaciones, Tuaca and fresh lime juice. As you may recall from tequila showdown EC, I found Tres to be a pretty solid tequila, so I figured their margarita would be alright.
FUCKING DEAD WRONG
how fucking HARD is it to make a decent margarita? apparently impossible since these fucking places fuck these things up REPEATEDLY!!!! chilis is all happy cause "it's a 21 oz margarita". yeah. fucking 3 oz of tequila and 18 oz of SOUR MIX! not fresh lime juice by any fucking stretch of the imagination. so as the CaboMistress and I sat there sipping our sour mix extravaganza, I thought.
I thought long and hard.
And then Sammy touched me.
Education and enlightenment. This is my calling in life. He said "You did alright last year, my son. For a rookie CaboMaster, you performed a good amount of conversions, but I am challenging you. You must spread the word."
And the Lord gave me yet another million dollar idea.
This may take years to accomplish, but I am focused on getting the job done...for Sammy.
No details yet, as planning is in its VERY early stages, but, like Drunkard's tequila, more details will be revealed as the date approaches.
side note: i am on waborita #3 right now and this is seriously a fucking magical drink. if you'd like to comment, please use Kai's blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment