Thursday, February 19, 2004

another tequila conquered!


a valiant effort, my friend



One of the great joys of being a CaboMaster is that all of your tequila purchases can be written off because they were bought for religious reasons! So with this in mind, even though i am a poor fuck (all my Super Bowl winnings having been spent on the car in the pic below), I ventured out to the liquor store last weekend in the mood for tequila.

I consulted a fellow CaboMaster on my way out there and we agreed that while Cabo Wabo would be fucking awesome, it was time for me to get back into some tequila research (because as we all know from the Cabo Bible, Sammy fears no tequila and encourages his disciples to experiment). So I purchased "Herencia de Plata 100% Blue Agave." I must admit, I'd never seen this before, so I was going into this with no expectations.

I got it home and the CaboMistress and I did some shots, I had a few drinks of it on the rocks, and I was pleasantly surprised. A very solid tequila. I would say better as a shot than for sippin', there was a slightly nasty aftertaste, but other than that, pretty damn smooth! impressive! Now, I didn't do a full taste test, but I was reminiscing about Tequila Showdown EC, and I would put this on par with Tres Generaciones, maybe a step above even. Looking back at the results, I'd stick it above Tres and below Corazon.

But the fun doesn't stop there my friends. I am here to help you. I recommend this tequila. Definitely good to have in your stash. So you are probably thinking "But tough nuts, how much was this? Can I afford it?" Don't be stupid...this is tequila we're talking about, no price is too high...You will buy what I tell you to buy. But to answer your question, I paid $40 for the bottle. BUT! As a special offer to you, my tough nuts readers, I can offer it to you for a mere $15.99!

that's right people....oh no...don't thank me...it's nothing...please, you don't have to kiss my feet...ok, yes you do.

No comments: