Saturday, March 10, 2007

my agave plantation

Two years ago around this time, the CaboMistress and I were in our local home depot buying Sammy Knows What for the house and we walked past the garden section. They had some cactii out and other succulents and then I noticed this sad looking thing...but, it was an AGAVE plant! I had to rescue it.

honestly, i thought it would last a couple months and we'd be like "well, that was cool while it lasted, a real life agave plant."

Here's a picture of it:

img_1237
pretty bad. now, we live in the northeast...not exactly the native climate for agave. It gets about 3 months outside in the sun and heat, but for 9 months out of the year it's inside, gets little sun, even less water, yet this thing is thriving! Lord Sammy works in mysterious ways. Here's a pic of it now:

img_2410

Now, this is pretty cool, but I'm not sure how much tequila I can make from one agave plant. But, I was looking at it yesterday and noticed that two NEW agave plants had sprouted!


img_2414img_2415

Thank you Lord Sammy!!!! You have given me the opportunity to live out my life long dream of becoming a jimador!

No comments: